Blow Painting - An easy and beautiful way of painting

Painting is one passion that I indulge in during weekends. This not only helps me to unwind from my hectic week but also rejuvenates me. So this weekend I tried a technique which I learned when I was a kid in my school - the blow painting technique.  It's a fun technique which anyone can do. I used to love this technique when I was a kid.

So here is the painting. I call it 'Rain of Love' just for fun.

How to make it? Lets see:

Materials :-
A white paper.
Any white paper will do but make sure it should be a little thick so that when we put color droplets it doesn't get mushy.
Colors.
 Any water color will do. For this painting I used the Camlin students poster colors which is readily available in any stationary store or online.
Straw or Any cylindrical tube
The straw is used to blow the drops of colors. One can even use a pen, open at both ends.

Procedure:
Put a drop of color on the paper and blow hard. That's it!
Just cover the part of the paper where you want to draw your subjects with a paper. It will also be helpful if you keep the paper slant and blow in a direction. The direction of the blow plays an important role. If you want a flowing effect then blow from a particular direction. If you want a splash effect then blow from the top directly above the drop of color.

Try this and you will find it quite easy to do.


Comments

Post a Comment