Spray Painting - A reason for not throwing your old toothbrush

This weekend I tried another technique that I learnt while I was a kid. I think I am turning to be a kid again. The idea came when I saw some old toothbrushes lying in my room. Don't know why I kept them but at the end everything happens for a good thing.

This technique, I call it spray painting (not to be confused with spray painting by spray cans). Also one can call it toothbrush painting as one uses a toothbrush to make the effect.

So here is the painting. I call it 'sprinkle of love'.
I know it looks like the last painting 'rain of love'. But the techniques to make both the paintings are totally different.

Here's how I made it!

Materials required:

Paper
Any white paper will do. For this type of painting as not much water is required so simple A4 size paper will also do.


Colors
Any water soluble color with the shades of your choice. I used the Camlin poster color for this

Procedure
Cover the part of the paper where you dont want to color or where you dont want the current shade of the color. Then dip the bristles of the toothbrush in the color and spray on a rough paper to test the amount of water and the size of drops. Its always better to have very fine and small drops. For this you will need to reduce the amount of water in the color. As soon as you have the desired size of the spray, then spray over the desired part of the paper. Before applying the second color let the first color to dry so that you dont spoil the first color.
So in this way apply the other colors and let your imagination run wild. Use as many colors as you want. Make various compositions. Enjoy the spray of colors.

And let me know your experience and I will really like to know about your painting and composition.

Comments