Helping Hands - Painting to depict helping

Helping is one of the most important human nature. Without it, humans will not be humans.

This painting depicts this human nature. I got the inspiration for this painting from a very unusual place - my office. I know many will ask how one can get a inspiration for a painting in the office. But I myself believe that one can get inspiration from anywhere.

So how did I get this inspiration in the 'office'. You see my desktop in my office displays different lock-screen image everyday. So this was a image on one of the day and I thought lets try making a painting.

Now enough about my 'inspiration story'. Now lets talk about the painting.

To make this painting, first I made outlines of the mountains and then coated the whole paper with a light shade of blue. This blue color forms the sky as well. Then I took a little more darker shade of blue and applied where I wanted my farthest mountain peak to be. Similarly I kept on applying the layers of blue in the shape of the mountains that I wanted to create. But one thing is to be kept in mind that before applying a new layer, the previous layer should be completely dry.

Once I was sure that paper was completely dry, I painted the mountain closet to me in complete black. After the nearest mountain was dry, I made an outline of the human figures and colored them black. After making the human figures, I gave a little texture using simple brush strokes to the nearby mountains to make it look a little uneven and ragged.

In this painting one can see the use of perspective in painting. Farther the object the lighter it will be. So as you can see the farthest mountain peaks are all light and pale whereas the nearer mountain peaks are darker and more distinct.

This painting is quite simple and uses minimal color. Through this painting one can learn a very important aspect of painting and that is 'perspective'. Always remember when one wants to depict a far away object then make it light in shade and color.

Comments