Water Color - A simple way to make a galaxy watercolor painting

This weekend I tried making another watercolor painting. Most notably a galaxy painting depicting a clear night sky.

This is a very simple way to make a watercolor painting. Also its a great way to learn the blending technique of the watercolor. Anyone from a child to an adult can make this painting.

Galaxy Watercolor Painting

So here is the painting. To make this painting first I took the black color and applied a layer from the top in a horizontal direction. You can make it any direction like diagonal or vertical but make sure the bush strokes are in a uniform direction. I applied the black till one-third part of the paper as I wanted another two colors.

Towards the end of the black layer I took the blue color before the black color dried. I started the blue layer a little bit higher than where my black layer finished. As the black layer is still wet so the blue and black color will blend together and you will get a nice blend between the layers of black and blue. I continued applying the blue color to another third part of the paper.

Before the blue color dries I applied the red color in a similar way as I did previously with blue. This will blend the red and blue and give a nice purple color where the layers merge. This will blend both the colors as both are wet. I apply the red color till the end of the paper.

Once all the colors are dry, then I take white color in the brush and sprinkle over the whole page. This will act as the stars. Sprinkle from the top to the bottom. Sprinkle in an uneven way. I angled the direction of sprinkle in various directions like sometimes from top to bottom, sometimes diagonally and sometimes vertically above the paper. In this way I get the effect of a shooting star, a cluster of stars and many more. After the sprinkles are dried I take the white color with very little water and make some bigger dots and some star like shape.

After the whole painting is dry, I take black color and make the hills at the bottom of the page. On the hill I make the house and the trees . You can make any structure like a like a electric poll with wire running in any direction or any number of trees without any house to create a forest. Let your imagination run wild.

You can use any number of colors in any direction and in any way. Just keep in mind for blending the colors into one another when they are wet.

So you can see how easy its to make a galaxy water color painting. This will also let you learn the blending techniques of watercolors. Comment below how you like the painting and if this post helped you.

Comments

Post a Comment