Adieu Ganpati Bappa

Today is the last day of ten day Ganpati festival. People all over Maharashtra and the world bid adieu to Ganapti Bappa with a hope that next year he comes early. Today people everywhere immerse the Ganpati Idols in a body of water. Ganpati visherjan is a festival in itself.

In my last post, I made a simple Ganesha painting to celebrate the starting of Ganesh Chaturthi. It was a simple watercolor painting depicting Ganesha. And today I bid adieu to Bappa with this toothbrush spray painting.

ganpati_painting
For this painting, I again took a simple depiction of Ganesha and made the outline on white paper. While making the outline please make the outline a little dark otherwise after spraying the colors the outlines will not be visible. It happened to me and so I am telling beforehand. One should learn from their mistakes.

After making the outline I took an old toothbrush and applied yellow color to it. I covered the rest of the paper with a rough sheet diagonally and then sprayed the color. I made sure that I didn't put too much water in the toothbrush because I wanted a fine spray not big dots of watercolor. After I had covered the entire area with yellow, I allowed  it to dry completely. Then I covered the yellow portion and the rest of the page leaving the area where I wanted to put my new color. I took red color on the toothbrush and again sprayed. In this way I covered the whole page with different colors.

You can choose your own colors. Any color you like orange, purple, brown, pink anything. I sprayed the color diagonally. You can choose any direction or shape like circle, square, triangle anything.

After my whole page was covered with colors, I took a painting brush and took black color with very little water. Now I covered the outline of Ganesha. Here only one thing needs to be taken care of and that is I don't use too much water in my brush because it will mix or wash the spray. So I filled completely the Ganesha with black color. You can use any dark color of your choice. And thats it, the painting is ready.

This is a very simple and colorful painting of Ganesha with a plain old toothbrush. The spray of color really makes this painting very colorful and vibrant.

Try this painting and tell me how it came out. For other ideas you can read my other blog.


Comments